As summer comes to a close, so begins another exciting fall in Cleveland. And while many of you are looking forward to Sunday football, don’t forget to take advantage of the cooler days by getting out and about with your dog! Before we button up for the long Cleveland winter, your dog friends at The Dog Stop Plus are giving us special access to their event calendars. Here are some things your canine companions are doing this fall! Turns out, they’ll be busier than we thought!
- Bow Wow Beach Dog Park. From March thru December 1, dogs go bonkers over Bow Wow Beach Dog Park. Just a little over 35 miles southwest of Downtown Cleveland, you’ll find this 7.5 acre fenced in dog park where your dog can swim in a huge 3-acre lake or run free in the remaining 3.5 acres of grassy play area. Clearly defined rules are posted so dogs of all sizes and their owners can enjoy the amenities. The park is typically open from 8am to Dusk, but be sure to check their website for hours, http://stowohio.org/bow-wow-beach-dog-park/.
- Dinner for Two. Just because you’re heading out to eat doesn’t mean your pup can’t join you! Many restaurants in the Cleveland area are dog-friendly, so don’t leave your four-legged friend behind. If you’re heading to The Flats, check out Merwin’s Wharf and East End Restaurant. Hecks Café, Luxe, Toast and Fat Cats are also known to allow dogs. As a precaution, always call the establishment in advance.
- Workout with your Dog. Okay Clevelanders, there are over 17 miles of shoreline, 80 miles of trail along The Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath and over 100 miles of shared-use trails in the Cleveland Metroparks system. Dogs love to be active. If both you and Fido are healthy enough, take advantage of these picturesque pathways by walking, running or biking!
- Wine down and relax. Located just outside of downtown, Clifton Martini & Wine Bar is the “it” spot for Prosecco, Portobello Carpaccio and pooches! On any given night, you’ll find dogs relaxing underneath their owner’s feet on this dog-friendly patio. As if happy hour could get any better!
- Road trip. Driving along one the many scenic byways Ohio has to offer just screams road trip! Enjoy the vibrant changing leaves, go camping for night, or take a ride to Columbus. With over 49,000 square miles in Ohio, there’s always somewhere to go!
- Pints & Dogs. Home to several local breweries, you’ll have no issue finding a dog-friendly brewhouse in the Greater Cleveland area. Great Lakes Brewing, Platform Beer Co. and Terrestrial Brewing Co. are a few worth mentioning. And while you won’t be able to take your dog on a brew tour, you will be able to enjoy a pint or two with Buddy by your side.
- Take your dog to the pumpkin patch. Believe it or not, there are several pumpkin farms around Cleveland that allow you to bring the whole fam, including Rex! Patterson Fruit Farm and Szalaly’s Farm are just to name a few. Make this yearly tradition even better by letting your dog tag along.
- 2017 Cleveland Pet Expo. On October 14th & 15th dogs and dog-lovers from all over will come together for this amazing event. Get grooming tips, advice on dog training and lots of freebies during this annual event.
- HOWL-O-WEEN! Halloween can be a spooky good time for everyone in the family – including your dog! Events like the Monster Mutt Dash & Howl-O-Ween Afterparty include doggie costume contests, dog treats, food trucks and live music. Watch out for events online and join other dog owners for an October filled with ways to celebrate this Halloween with your pup.
- Visit The Dog Spot Plus! With school back in session and summer vacation already a distant memory, The Dog Stop Plus is the perfect place to send your pup for some extracurricular activities! From Doggie Daycare to 4-star spa treatments, our all-inclusive pet resort is located at 2640 Carnegie Avenue, in the Theatre District. Call us for a reservation for day care, boarding, grooming services, or training or just pop in!
Autumns in Cleveland are what memories are made of! This fall season, get out and about with your four-legged friend and be sure to visit The Dog Stop Plus for all your dog’s needs! Call us today, (216) 673-3641!
The Dog Stop – Where Tails Come to Wag!