Can Your Pup Benefit from CBD?
Depending on the symptoms you’re looking to alleviate, the quality of the product, and after talking with your vet, the answer is most likely, ‘yes.’
CBD is no longer a controlled substance in most states
In 2018, the United States Farm Act removed cannabidiol (CBD) from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Schedule 1 category. Since then, CBD is no longer considered a controlled substance by the Feds if the percentage of THC present is lower than 0.3%
There are many misconceptions about CBD, and readers may find it helpful if a few are cleared up as it becomes more prevalent:
1) CBD is not psychoactive, meaning it doesn’t affect the mind.1
2) Federal and a few state laws are sometimes conflicting. Idaho, South Dakota, and Nebraska are three states where CBD and hemp oils are illegal to sell or consume.
3) Hemp seed oil and CBD oil are derived from the cannabis plant. CBD oil comes from the flowers, leaves, and stems, while hemp seed oil uses extract from the seeds of the cannabis plant. 2
4) CBD is not FDA regulated, so consumers should always purchase from a credible source. Think gas station vs. a pharmacy or discount store vs. a well-known, reputable retailer.
5) CBD IS just one of the approximately 100 chemical compounds in marijuana and hemp.
Ways CBD could help your pup
CBD has many benefits for humans, but it can also be used on animals. CBD is a natural alternative to many of the drugs that vets use to:
-Reduce or eliminate pain
-Help with mobility issues like arthritis or joint pain because it possesses anti-inflammatory properties
-Treat cancer symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite
-Relieve symptoms from skin conditions like dermatitis, allergies, and more
-Lessen symptoms of separation anxiety in dogs by as much as 42%
-Produce a boost to the immune system
How you and your dog process CBD
When CBD enters a mammal’s body, it turns on a system called the Endocannabinoid System (ECS). ECS has receptors throughout a mammal’s body. When the ECS is turned on, these receptors help the body begin 2-way communication, which allows the body to self-heal.
There are many different ways to administer CBD to your dog. It can be found in tinctures, oils, topical sprays, gels and chews.
Why the Dog Stop recommends Pet Releaf hemp products
The Dog Stop entrusts Pet Releaf as its full spectrum CBD and hemp oil products supplier. They grow their own hemp at their joint-venture USDA organic hemp farm in Colorado, and no chemicals are used to extract the compounds. Because of their consistent 3rd party testing, Pet Releaf knows how much CBD is in their products, and these amounts are clearly stated. They control the entire manufacturing process.
Stop into The Dog Stop location most convenient to you and check out our full line of premium dog products and food.
- ScienceDaily. (n.d.). Psychoactive drug. ScienceDaily. Retrieved August 8, 2022, from https://www.sciencedaily.com/terms/psychoactive_drug.htm
- MediLexicon International. (n.d.). Hemp seed oil vs. CBD oil: Differences, types, uses, effects, and more. Medical News Today. Retrieved August 8, 2022, from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/hemp-seed-oil-vs-cbd-oil#summary